O’Connell’s in South Melbourne is Melbourne’s oldest yet stylish gastronomic pub and has been home to some of the city’s best known chefs, such as Greg Malouf, Cath Kalka and Adrian Richardson. In November 2017, Tom Brockbank joined the O’Connell’s team as Head Chef and has brought a refreshing sense of excitement, clean flavours and an innovative cuisine style to O’Connell’s, all whilst still remaining faithful to their much loved pub roots.
The menu at O’Connell’s is seasonal and encompasses Head Chef Tom Brockbank’s passion for finding creative ways to use locally sourced, fresh quality produce to create a Modern Australian dining experience that showcases the best of what local Victorian produce has to offer. This menu is also complemented with daily specials and rotating specials which are available in the bar.
- The Charcuterie Board with 20 month aged prosciutto, wagyu bresaola, pressed confit chicken foie gras terrine & duck parfait served with a side of pickled shallots & piccalilli
- The Grain Fed Beef Tartare with daikon, salsa verde, crackling, yolk & cucumber
- The crispy skinned pork belly with cauliflower, almonds, grapes & curry oil
- The barramundi with burnt cucumber served with lobster ravioli, tomato & bisque gel
- The 12 Hour Slow Cooked Dry Aged Spring Lamb with petit pots a la Francaise, Yarra goats curd & bacon
- The Nerrigundah Blueberries with organic lime yoghurt panna cotta, blueberry ganache, savoury tuille & almond sable
(03) 9810 0086
Mon to Sun 12:00pm – 10:00pm
407 Coventry St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Mon to Fri 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Modern Australian & Pub Food
Restaurant, Pub, Modern Australian, Lunch, Dinner, Live Music, Cocktails, Beer, Wine, Licensed, Vegetarian Options, Vegan Options Available, Gluten Free Options, South Melbourne, Serves Alcohol, Good for Date Night, Good for Groups, Take Reservations